Friday 18 May 2007

Hello audience's visual

I'm just wondering if you can be the first of audience who get into the concert hall, at which position will you be happy to stand and watch the concert?

I took this photo yesterday at Carling Academy Birmingham and I prefered standing a bit away from stage to the place at first row. At first, I didn't like the guy who often blocked my view from stage.After that, I realized that tousands of people's heads moving in front of me(also waving their arms,hands)made me feel more enjoyable(although I knew only one MIKA 's song)

Only half frame is the visual proportion in my eyes that I can see the band, another half frame was audience. But I didn't feel that audience's half was my obstacle any more.I still felt good.

In previous concerts,I used to pay more for the very first seating row.Now I pay less....but I got more.

5 comments:

Tofu~~! said...

I use to pay loads for having a good seat in a show. I still do when it comes to musical and theatre performance. But i have recently found the joy of being in standing area. More people. More atmosphere. More dancing.

I really love it to squeeze closer to the front. Loads of people enjoying themselves in a sardin form. SQUASHED. SO FUN!!...

just remember not to bring your wallet and cash tucked uder you socks.

Annie Blue said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a5dBJDz2vs


it's the behind position.
the light is amazing. ;0

GAPstage desire said...

Yeah you're right my sausage :)...Closer is better for Musical and theatre performance.

And Daft Punk always cool....
Cheers guys.

Annerley Johnson said...

A large portion of the audience cannot experience a show close to the stage in a lot of venues. How do you reach all of them with the same level of energy?

Some venues do it for you by their layouts (eg New Theatre Drury Lane or the circular theatre near Stoke on Trent), others it's more difficult so it has to come from the performance.

I like to stand away from the stage where I can observe the show (eg Carling Academy I always stand upstairs on the balcony).

GAPstage desire said...

thanks for good comment.