Wednesday 23 May 2007

Will you be my date for the prom?

Hi, just wondering if anyone (you locals) know of any "high school" proms/end of year school dances going on in/around birmingham in the next month or so? I don't really want to call up schools asking for the dates and locations because I think I might come off as a little bit of a perv. You know? I have found one at the botanical gardens at the end of june. Anyone know of others? Please pass on dates and locations to me if you do! Thanks

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Catharine, a work collegue's daughter is going to one in Warwick. She's still got to get her dress and everything. Do you want me to ask for more detail/see if she'd be willing to be involved. Only problem with school things is sometimes you need to get photo permission from parents...but as I know her mum it might not be a problem.

Catharine A. Frediani said...

I want to avoid having any interference with the prom. I am only really interested in the very public arrivals - limos, colorful dresses, and details of decoration/scene/signage. I don't want to go inside at all or photograph anyone and have them be recognized or become a character. So if its in a public space, I wouldn't need permission. I'm not interesting in the people, just the chaos of the affair. Its hard to explain, but if you know my work, its void of people so I would avoid people at all costs really! So if you know that its in a pretty public place, where I wouldn't need to get an invite to go inside and could literally be on a street/corner and observe, I would be interested in knowing details. Does this make me sound creepy?

Unknown said...

Not at all. I think it's at a hotel, I'll find out.

steven spencer said...

my girlfriends sister is having a prom in birmingham somewhere, ill try and find out some details for you.

Steven